National Startup Advisory Council : Sixth Meeting To Be Held Soon
The sixth meeting of the National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC) is to be held soon.
- National-Startup-Advisory-Council was constituted by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- It works under the Minister of Commerce and Industry
- It advises the government on measures needed to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and startups in the country to drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
- Composition of the Council:
- Chairman: Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Convener of the Council: Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Ex-officio Members: Nominees of the concerned Ministries/Departments/Organizations not below the rank of Joint Secretary.
- Non-official members, to be nominated by the Central Government.