New Link National Highway 133B And 131A:
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has informed that the project for the construction of New Link National Highway 133B and 131A is in full swing
- The National Highway-133B project spanning over 21 kilometer, is a one-of-its-kind project involving the construction of a six-kilometer-long Ganga Bridge. He said that it is the world’s third-longest extradosed bridge.
- The highway, once constructed, will connect Sahibganj in Jharkhand to Manihari in Bihar and aims to reduce travel distance.
- This will also serve as a strategic connecting point to the North East.
- He also informed that the project for Six-Laning of National Highway 140 from Chittoor to Mallavaram in Andhra Pradesh will be completed by 30th September this year.
- He said that his ministry is working in mission mode to complete this project which is being constructed under the Bharatmala Pariyojana.