Nidirana noadihing : New Species Of Frog
Scientists have discovered a new species of frog in Arunachal, named Nidirana noadihing.
- New Frog Species is a new species of ‘music frog’ which is named Nidirana noadihing.
- The new frog of the genus Nidirana is phenotypically distinct from its congeners by a combination of morphological characters
- It is confirmed for the first time that the Nidirana genus has been found in India.
- The Nidirana species is known in Japan, Taiwan, China, Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand.
- Nidirana are known to inhabit swamps, ponds, and paddy fields, and they often construct nests to lay their eggs.
- The new species was named after the Noa-Dihing River, which is near where the specimens were discovered and collected.
- The amphibians have “irregularly shaped and sized spots” on their eyelids and they have dark stripes around their moderately large eyes.
- Their pupils are gold-rimmed.
- Their irises are dark brown and have a golden spackle.