The Indian Armed Forces contingent, comprising 81 personnel, departed for Australia to take part in the second edition of Joint Military Exercise AUSTRAHIND-23.
- Exercise AUSTRAHIND-23 was instituted in 2022, and the first edition was conducted in Mahajan, Rajasthan.
- It is planned to be an annual training event to be conducted alternatively in India and Australia.
- The aim of the exercise is to foster collaborative partnerships and share best practises between the two sides.
- This year, the exercise will be conducted in Perth, Australia, from November 22nd to December 6th, 2023.
- The Indian Army contingent, comprising 60 personnel from a battalion of the Gorkha Rifles will take part in this exercise.
- The exercise will also promote inter-operability while undertaking multi-domain operations in urban and Semi-Urban terrain under Chapter VII of the United Nations on peacekeeping operations.
- The joint exercise will promote the exchange of ideas and jointly rehearse tactics, techniques and procedures for conducting tactical operations.
- The exercise will also help in promoting understanding between the two militaries and further strengthening defence cooperation between the two friendly nations.