Nomadic Elephant-23 : A bilateral Joint Military Exercise
A bilateral joint military exercise “NOMADIC ELEPHANT-23” is scheduled to be conducted between India and Mongolia at Ulaanbaatar from 17 to 31 July 2023.
- Exercise Nomadic Elephant is the 15th edition of bilateral joint military exercise.
- It is an annual training event with Mongolia which is conducted alternatively in Mongolia and India
- Soldiers of the Mongolian Armed Forces Unit 084 from and Indian Army soldiers from the JAMMU AND KASHMIR LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment will be participating in the exercise.
- The aim of this exercise is to build positive military relations, exchange best practices, develop inter-operability, bonhomie, camaraderie and friendship between the two armies.
- The primary theme of the exercise will focus on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain under United Nations mandate.
- The scope of this exercise involves Platoon level Field Training Exercise (FTX).
- During the exercise, Indian and Mongolian troops will engage in various training activities designed to enhance their skills and capabilities.