Panch Karma Sankalp:
The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, made five major announcements focusing on green shipping and digitization of ports.
- During the Chintan Shivir, Sarbananda Sonowal unveiled the ‘Panch Karma Sankalp,’ which represents the five major announcements made by the ministry.
The five major announcements made during the event were as follows:
- MoPSW will provide 30% financial support for the promotion of Green Shipping.
- Under the Green Tug Transition Programme, Jawaharlal Nehru Port, VO Chidambaranar Port, Paradip Port, and Deendayal Port, Kandla will procure two tugs each.
- Deendayal Port, Kandla, and VO Chidambaranar Port, Tuticorin will be developed as Green Hydrogen Hubs.
- A Single Window Portal will be designed to facilitate and monitor river and sea cruises and their bookings.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port and VO Chidambaranar Port, Tuticorin, will become smart ports by 2024.
These announcements aim to revolutionize the maritime industry and promote sustainable practices.
- Under the Green Tug Transition Programme, four major ports, namely Jawaharlal Nehru Port, VO Chidambaranar Port, Paradip Port, and Deendayal Port, Kandla, will procure two tugs each.
- This move will contribute to the promotion of green shipping practices and reduce environmental impact.