Pantoea Tagorei : New Species Of Bacteria
A team of researchers from Kolkata’s Visva-Bharati has identified a new species of bacteria which has been named Pantoea Tagorei in homage to Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
- Pantoea Tagorei was discovered from soil samples collected in the Jharia coal mines.
- It has unique properties beneficial for plant growth.
- It not only solubilizes potassium but also replenishes nitrogen and solubilizes
- The team has conducted experiments by introducing this bacterium to farmers, who have expressed satisfaction with the positive results.
- This bacteria marks a significant stride toward fostering environmentally friendly agricultural methods.