Phase IV Of Swachh Iconic Places (SIP):
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti has announced the selection of the 12 iconic sites under Phase IV of Swachh Iconic Places (SIP).
- Under Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) initiative of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G), aim is to transform the iconic heritage, spiritual and cultural places in the country as ‘Swachh Tourist Destinations’.
- The objective of SIP is to achieve a distinctly higher level of Sanitation/Cleanliness at these places, especially on the peripheries and in approach areas.
- This project is being coordinated by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti in association with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and the concerned State/UT governments.
The places are:
- Ajanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Sanchi Stupa, Madhya Pradesh
- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan
- Jaisalmer Fort, Rajasthan
- Ramdevra, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Golconda Fort, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Sun Temple, Konark, Odisha
- Rock Garden, Chandigarh
- Dal Lake, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
- Banke Bihari Temple, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- Agra Fort, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Kalighat Temple, West Bengal