Phukot Karnali Hydro Electric Project:
NHPC Limited and Vidhyut Utpadan Company Limited (VUCL), Nepal signed an MoU for development of Phukot Karnali Hydro Electric Project (480MW) in Nepal.
- Phukot Karnali Hydro Electric Project is located in Kalikot district, Karnali Province of Nepal.
- The project will use the flow from the Karnali River for power generation and the generated power will be fed into integrated power system of Nepal.
- The installed capacity of the project shall be 480 MW with average annual generation of about 2448 GWh.
- 109 metre high RCC dam and an underground power house where the 06 turbines of 79 MW each shall be housed.
- To utilize minimum environmental release one Surface Power House of 6 MW capacity is also planned.