PM CARES For Children Scheme:
PM Cares for Children Scheme has been extended till February 28, 2022. The scheme was earlier valid till December 31, 2021.
- Launched in May 2021.
- The scheme has been launched for support & empowerment of Covid affected children.
- All children who have lost both parents or surviving parent or legal guardian/adoptive parents due to Covid 19 will be supported under the scheme.
- Children must not have completed 18 years of age at the time of the death of their parents in order to be eligible for the scheme.
Features of the scheme:
- Fixed Deposit in the name of the child: A corpus of Rs 10 lakh for each child when he or she reaches 18 years of age.
- School Education: For children under 10 years: Admission will be given in the nearest Kendriya Vidyalaya or in a private school as a day scholar.
- School Education: for children between 11-18 years: The child will be given admission in any Central Government residential school such as Sainik School, Navodaya Vidyalaya etc.
- Support for Higher Education: The child will be assisted in obtaining an education loan for Professional courses / Higher Education in India as per the existing Education Loan norms.
- Health Insurance: All children will be enrolled as a beneficiary under Ayushman Bharat Scheme (PM-JAY) with a health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakhs.