Ratan Tata, KT Thomas (former SC judge) and Kariya Munda ( former deputy speaker) have been appointed as trustees of the PM CARES Fund
- PM CARES ( PM Citizens’ Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation Fund) was launched in 2020, following COVID-19 to combat, and containment and relief efforts against the coronavirus outbreak and similar pandemic-like situations in the future.
- Contribution is voluntary ( no budget support)
- PM is ex-officio Chairman
- Contribution to it qualifies under tax benefits
- It has been created not by law, not by notification
- Minimum donation accepted is Rs 10