PM SVANidhi Scheme Extended:
The Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme has been extended beyond March, 2022.
Provisions for the Extended Scheme:
- Extension of lending period till December 2024.
- Introduction of 3rd loan of up to ₹50,000 in addition to 1st & 2nd loans of ₹10,000 and ₹20,000 respectively.
- Extension of ‘SVANidhi Se Samriddhi’ component for all beneficiaries of PM SVANidhi scheme across the country.
- ‘SVANidhi Se Samriddhi’ was launched in January 2021 to map the socio-economic profile of the PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families.
PM SVANidhi Scheme:
- The scheme was announced as a part of the Economic Stimulus-II under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- It has been implemented since 1st June 2020, for providing affordable working capital loans to street vendors to resume their livelihoods that have been adversely affected due to Covid-19 lockdowns.
- A total of 13,403 vending zones have been identified so far.
- 42 lakh street vendors are to be provided benefits under PM SVANidhi Scheme by December, 2024.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme i.e., fully funded by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs