Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana:
The Union Cabinet has approved the continuation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)-I, PMGSY-II, and Road Connectivity Project for Left-Wing Extremism Affected Areas (RCPLWEA).
- The CCEA approved the continuation of RCPLWEA up to March 2023.
- Areas that were not covered for road connectivity under phases one and two of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana or the Left-Wing Extremism affected areas RCPLWEA and the tribal areas are going to be benefited. Roads will be built through dense forests, mountains, and rivers.
- A total of one lakh 12 thousand 419 crore rupees, including state share, is likely to be incurred from 2021-22 to 2024-25 for completion of all the ongoing interventions of PMGSY.
- Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism Affected Areas was launched in 2016 for construction and up-gradation of 5,412 Km road length and 126 bridges of strategic importance in 44 districts in 9 states, including Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh.
- 4,490 Km road length and 105 bridges have already been completed under RCPLWEA since 2016 in 44 districts in nine states.