E-Governance For Civil Aviation:
The Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched the e-Governance for Civil Aviation (e-GCA) online platform through which the Civil Aviation will provide 298 services including pilot licensing and medical examination.
- The launch of the e-GCA project under DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) was part of the 100-day plan for the aviation sector. The portal was developed by Tata Consultancy Services.
- It is a portal for the dissemination of information and providing online, speedy service delivery in a secure environment.
- It offers an end-to-end solution including several software applications, connectivity with all the regional offices.
- It will provide services to various DGCA stakeholders such as Pilots, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, Air Traffic Controllers, Air Operators, Airport Operators, Flying Training Organizations, Maintenance and Design organizations, among others.
- It aims at enhancing the efficiency of the various services of DGCA and increasing accountability and transparency across all DGCA functions.
- Eliminating operational inefficiencies
- Minimizing personal interaction
- Improving regulatory reporting
- Enhancing transparency
- Increasing productivity