Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan:
The President of India virtually launched the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan.
- The Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan has been envisioned to bring together all community stakeholders to support those on TB treatment and accelerate the country’s progress towards TB elimination.
- According to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, all nations have set the goal of eradicating TB by the year 2030.
- But the Government of India has set the target of eradicating TB by the year 2025.
- TB causes the largest number of deaths among all other infectious diseases in India.
- India has a little less than 20 percent of the world’s population, but has more than 25 percent of the total TB patients of the world.