Pralay Missile : India To Buy 250 More Missile
India is going to buy 250 more Pralay ballistic missiles for the services to strengthen them on the northern borders, further boosting the firepower of the defence forces.
- Pralay missile is a quasi-ballistic surface-to-surface missile.
- It can hit targets 150-500 km away.
- The missile can carry 350-700 kg of high-grade explosives.
- It is developed by the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO)
- It is powered by a solid propellant rocket motor and other new technologies.
- The missile guidance system includes state-of-the-art navigation and integrated avionics.
- It can change its path after covering a certain range in mid-air.
- Ballistic Missiles are launched directly into the upper layers of the earth’s atmosphere.
- They travel outside the atmosphere, where the warhead detaches from the missile and falls towards a predetermined target.