Project Naman : Indian Army
The Indian Army recently launched ‘Project Naman’, which will entail establishing facilitation and grievance redressal centres for veterans and the kin of personnel who have lost their lives.
- Project Naman will entail establishing facilitation and grievance redressal centres for veterans and the kin of personnel who have lost their lives.
- The first such centre will be established in Delhi Cantonment.
- ‘Naman’ will house a Common Service Centre, which will facilitate the veterans and their relatives.
- It will offer all government-to-customer services and also facilitate the updating of pensioners’ accounts on the SPARSH portal of veterans, next of kin and dependents.
- SPARSH portal is being implemented by the Ministry of Defence to meet the pension sanction and disbursement requirements for Armed Forces viz. Army, Navy, Air Force and Defence Civilians.
- The Defence Pensioner will be given a completely transparent view of his pension account through this portal, which will capture and maintain a complete history of events and entitlements the pensioner right from the date of commencement of pension to the date of cessation of pension due to his/her last eligible beneficiary.
- This system will be administered by the Defence Accounts Department through the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions).