Renovation Of Shree Saptakoteshwar Temple : Goa
The Prime Minister has recently expressed happiness over the renovation of Shree Saptakoteshwar Devasthan, Narve, Bicholim in Goa.
- The original Saptakoteshwar Temple was built around the twelfth century by the Kadamba dynasty in Narve on Divar Island.
- There is a small entrance marked with bells, while the main five pillared halls are decorated with arches.
- Intricate designs adorn the ceiling while the sanctorum wall is composed of plain wood.
- The mandapa of the temple is built in a distinctly European style.
- Laterite and stone caves surround the temple.
- Maratha King Shivaji ordered the rebuilding of the Saptakoteshwar temple and the installation of the linga in its proper location.
- This order is still mentioned on a stone plaque near the temple’s entrance.