Sagar Parikrama Yatra Phase-V:
The Sagar Parikrama Yatra Phase-V, an ambitious initiative by the Government of India, was recently launched by Union Minister Parshottam Rupala.
- The inauguration of the Sagar Parikrama Yatra Phase-V took place in Karanja, a coastal town situated in Maharashtra’s Raigad district.
- The event witnessed the participation of around 6,000 fishermen, fish farmers, and distinguished guests, emphasizing the importance of this endeavor.
- The Sagar Parikrama Yatra Phase-V encompasses a comprehensive route, covering several coastal regions.
- The journey includes visits to iconic locations such as the Gateway of India, Karanja in Raigad District, Mirkarwada in Ratnagiri District, Devgad in Sindhudurg District, Malvan, Vasco, Mormugaon, and Canacona in South Goa.
- This extensive exploration aims to foster connectivity and highlight the significance of these regions in trade, agriculture, and education.