With the objective of providing psychological first-aid and emotional support to children affected during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)is providing Tele-Counselling to children through SAMVEDNA.
- SAMVEDNA stands for Sensitizing Action on Mental Health Vulnerability through Emotional Development and Necessary Acceptance.
- It is a Toll-Free Helpline launched to provide psycho-social mental support for Children affected during COVID 19 Pandemic.
- This service is available on a toll-free No: 1800-121-2830 from Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tele counseling is provided to the children under three categories:
- Children who are in Quarantine/isolation/COVID Care centers.
- Children who have COVID positive parents or family members and near ones.
- Children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19 Pandemic.