Sanjay Gandhi National Park : Four Tiger Cubs Born
Four tiger cubs were born in Mumbai’s Sanjay Gandhi National Park after 13 years.
- It is a protected area near Mumbai in Maharashtra.
- It was formerly known as Borivali National Park.
- It was renamed to its present name in 1996, after Sanjay Gandhi who was the eldest son of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- It is part of the Western Ghats’ biodiversity.
- It forms roughly 20.5% of Mumbai’s geographical area.
- Kanheri Caves is situated within a national park