Depleted Uranium : UK To Provide Weapons
UK committed to provide weapons containing depleted uranium to Ukraine.
- Depleted Uranium is a by-product of the process of creating enriched uranium, which is used in nuclear reactors and nuclear weapons.
- In comparison to enriched uranium, depleted uranium is much less radioactive.
- It is incapable of generating a nuclear reaction.
- It is denser than lead.
- It is thus ,widely used in weapons as it can easily penetrate armour plating.
- Apart from the US, Britain, Russia, China, France and Pakistan produce uranium weapons.