Scheme On Enhancement Of Competitiveness In The Indian Capital Goods Sector- Phase-II:
Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI) has notified the Scheme on Enhancement of Competitiveness in the Indian Capital Goods Sector- Phase-II for providing assistance to Common Technology Development and Services Infrastructure.
- The scheme has a financial outlay of Rs. 1207 crores with Budgetary support of Rs.975 crore and Industry Contribution of Rs.232 crore .
- The scheme was notified on 25th January, 2022.
- The objective of Phase II of the Scheme for Enhancement of Competitiveness of the Capital Goods Sector is to expand and enlarge the impact created by Phase I pilot scheme, thereby providing greater impetus through creation of a strong and globally competitive capital goods sector that contributes at least 25% to the manufacturing sector.
- There are six components under the Scheme for Enhancement of Capital Goods Sector Phase II, namely:
- Identification of Technologies through Technology Innovation Portals;
- Setting up of four New Advanced Centres of Excellence and augmentation of Existing Centres of Excellence;
- Promotion of skilling in Capital Goods Sector–creation of Qualification packages for skill levels 6 and above;
- Setting up of four Common Engineering Facility Centres (CEFCs) and augmentation of existing CEFCs;
- Augmentation of Existing Testing and Certification Centres;
- Setting up of ten Industry Accelerators for Technology Development