Second Positive Indigenisation List:
Ministry of Defence (MoD) has notified the ‘Second Positive Indigenisation List’ of 108 items to promote indigenization in the Defence sector and defense exports.
- This will give a further boost to indigenization with the active participation of the public and private sectors for fulfilling the twin objectives of achieving self-reliance and promoting defense exports.
- All the 108 items will now be procured from indigenous sources as per provisions given in Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020.
- The second list (enclosed) lays special focus on weapons/systems which are currently under development/trials and are likely to translate into firm orders in the future.
- The ‘Second Positive Indigenisation List’ comprises complex systems, sensors, simulator, weapons and ammunitions like Helicopters, Next Generation Corvettes, Air Borne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) systems, Tank Engines, Medium Power Radar for Mountains, MRSAM Weapon Systems etc.
- This second list is planned to be implemented progressively with effect from December 2021 to December 2025.
- In August 2020, the ‘First Positive Indigenisation’ List comprising 101 items was notified.
- At that time, it was also highlighted that more such equipment would be identified progressively to facilitate and encourage defence manufacturing in the country.