SeHAT OPD Portal:
Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh launched ‘Services e-Health Assistance & Tele-consultation (SeHAT) OPD portal through video conferencing on May 27, 2021.
- The portal provides telemedicine services to the serving Armed Forces personnel, veterans, and their families.
- The services can be availed by registering on the website.
- This is the final version of the SeHAT OPD portal with advanced safety features. The trial version was made functional in August 2020.
- Department of Military Affairs (DMA), Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS), Integrated Defence Staff (IDS), and Centre for Development of Artificial Computing (C-DAC) Mohali are involved in the development of the portal.
- The portal will help reduce the load on hospitals and patients will be able to get contactless consultations in an easy and effective manner.