Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO):
Prime Minister Modi participated virtually in the 21st Meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), and through video-message in the Joint SCO-CSTO Outreach Session on Afghanistan.
- The 21st meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State was held on 17 September 2021 in Dushanbe in hybrid format.
- The meeting was chaired by H.E. Emomali Rahmon, the President of Tajikistan.
Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO)
- The SCO Summit was followed by an Outreach session on Afghanistan between SCO and the Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO). Prime Minister participated in the outreach session through a video-message.
- The Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) is an intergovernmental military alliance in Eurasia that consists of selected post-Soviet states.
- It was formed in 1992 and has 6 members: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan.