Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme:
The National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) to develop a sustainable model for promoting entrepreneurship at the grass roots by initiating the Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP).
- Rural entrepreneurs will be able to access banking systems for receiving financial support for starting their enterprises, including support from MUDRA bank.
- Integrated ICT techniques and tools will also be provided for training and capacity building along with enterprise advisory services to augment the entrepreneurship ecosystem in India’s villages.
- The beneficiaries of the project are from the Self-Help Group (SHG) ecosystem of DAY-NRLM and the scheme not only supports existing enterprises but new enterprises as well.
- The partnership will enable the rural community by helping them set up their trades and provide complete support till they are stabilised.
- This pragmatic intervention will provide knowledge, advisory and financial support to the public and will help create village-level community cadre.
- SVEP is a sub-scheme of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development and has been implemented since 2016.
- Support the rural poor to come out of poverty.
- Providing self-employment opportunities with financial assistance and training in business management and soft skills.
- Create local community cadres for promotion of enterprises.