Strategic Partnership : India And Egypt
The Egyptian President Sisi ,as the Chief Guest of the 2023 Republic Day celebrations of India.
- With the trade between the countries touching 12 billion USD in the last five years, the countries have now entered into Strategic Partnership.
- With Egypt, India has signed the agreement on terrorism. The countries will work together in resolving cross-border terrorism
- Also, the agreement will focus in areas such as cyber security, Information Technology, youth, culture, and broadcasting
- India sees Egypt as a Gateway to the European and African countries. Just like it sees the North Eastern States as a Gateway to South East Asia and East Asia.
- Also, Egypt plays a major role in the politics of Africa and the Arab world.