Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0 on 1st October 2021, at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
- SBM-U 2.0 envisions to make all cities ‘Garbage Free’ and ensure grey and black water management in all cities other than those covered under AMRUT, make all urban local bodies as ODF+ and those with a population of less than 1 lakh as ODF++, thereby achieving the vision of safe sanitation in urban areas.
- The Mission will focus on source segregation of solid waste, utilizing the principles of 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle), scientific processing of all types of municipal solid waste and remediation of legacy dumpsites for effective solid waste management.
- The outlay of SBM-U 2.0 is around ₹1.41 lakh crore.
- Impact of SBM-U
- Swachhta has become a Jan Andolan today.
- All urban local bodies have been declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) and 70% solid waste is being scientifically processed now.