Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar Campaign:
Union Minister of Environment participated in Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar Campaign at Puducherry.
- “Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar/Clean Coast, Safe Sea” Campaign, is a 75-day citizen-led initiative, aimed at improving the coastal and ocean health via community action.
- The campaign began on July 5, 2022, and will culminate on 17th September 2022 – International Coastal Clean-up Day.
- The three strategic underlying objective of the Campaign is to alter and save the environment through behaviour change.
- The campaign’s three overarching goals are:
- Consume Responsibly,
- Separate waste at home, and
- Dispose of waste responsibly.
- The campaign is spearheaded by Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in partnership of Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Indian Coast Guard, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), other central ministries/organisation and other social organizations and educational institutions.
- The coastal clean-up campaign is being taken at 75 beaches along the coast line of with average 75 volunteers for every kilometre of coastline.