Swachh Survekshan 2022:
President Droupadi Murmu presents awards as part of Azadi@75 Swachh Survekshan 2022.
- Indore has been adjudged the cleanest city of India for the sixth year in a row, while Madhya Pradesh is the cleanest state in the country.
- Surat is the second cleanest city and Navi Mumbai comes a close third in the category of cities with a population more than a lakh.
- Visakhapatnam was adjudged the fourth cleanest city in the country (In over 10 lakh population category).
- In the population category of less than one lakh, Panchgani and Karad from Maharashtra bagged the first and third positions respectively, while Patan from Chhattisgarh bagged the second position.
- Tirupati received the best city award in Safai Mitra Suraksha category, while Haridwar in Uttarakhand received the award for the best Ganga town in more than one lakh population cities.
- Bijnor ranked first among Ganga towns with less than one lakh population, followed by Kannauj and Garhmukhteshwar.
- Maharashtra’s Deolali was adjudged the country’s cleanest Cantonment Board.
- Shivamogga in Karnataka received the fast mover city award.
- Tripura got the cleanest State award in the “less than 100 urban local bodies category”.