Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry will launch Swachh Toycathon, a unique competition to make toys from waste.
- The competition will be open to individuals and groups to bring forth innovation in toy designs using dry waste.
- It will focus on efficient designs that can be replicated at a larger scale, and toys that comply with minimum safety standards.
- The competition will be hosted on MyGov’s innovate India portal.
- Center for Creative Learning, IIT Gandhinagar is the knowledge partner for the initiative.
National Action Plan for Toys 2020:
- It was introduced to promote the Indian toy industry including traditional handicrafts and handmade toys with the objective of establishing India as a global Toy hub.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade along with 14 Ministries of Central Government is currently implementing various aspects of the National Action Plan for Toys.