The Ministry of Railways has launched “Swachhta Pakhwara” across Indian Railways.
- The Ministry also released the Annual Report on Environment Sustainability.
- The Ministry of Railways is observing Swachhta Pakdwara from 16th September 2022 to 30th September 2022.
- Special focus will be given on cleanliness of tracks at stations, approach to major stations and elimination of plastic waste in Railway premises.
- During the Pakhwara, intensive cleaning and sanitization of stations, trains, tracks, colonies and other railway establishments is being carried out with special focus on plastic waste management.
- Extensive awareness campaigns are planned to be carried out through digital media/public announcement through Public
- Address systems to educate people about the use of bio-toilets, avoiding single-use plastic, and observing cleanliness habits.
- Swachhta Pakhwara started in April 2016.
- It aims to bring a fortnight of intense focus on the issues and practices of Swachhta by engaging GOI Ministries/Departments in their jurisdictions.
- The Ministries observing Swachhata Pakhwada are monitored closely using the online monitoring system of Swachhata Samiksha where action plans, images, videos related to Swachhata activities are uploaded and shared.