Take Home Ration : NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog and World Food Program today launched a report titled ‘Take Home Ration-Good Practices across the State/Union Territories’.
- The report presents a set of good and innovative practices adopted in the implementation of the Take Home Ration value chain by the States and UTs.
- Government of India provides Take Home Ration under the Supplementary Nutrition component of the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) to fill the gap in nutrition among children as well as pregnant and lactating women (PLW).
- The document on good practices compiles and collates innovations in Take Home Ration(THR) programmes in various States and Union Territories.
- Aspects related to production, formulation, distribution, labelling, packaging, monitoring, quality assurance, and social and behavioural change have been reviewed to generate a catalogue of good practices.
- This document will help State Governments/Union Territories to adopt good practices in their THR programmes.”
UN World Food Programme(WFP):
- The World Food Programme (WFP) is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
- Born in 1961, the WFP strives to eradicate hunger and malnutrition, with the ultimate goal in mind of eliminating the need for food aid itself.
- It is a member of the United Nations Development Group and part of its Executive Committee.