Udyami Bharat Programme:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches several schemes and programmes at Udyami Bharat Programme in New Delhi.
- During the event, Mr Modi launched the Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance (RAMP) Scheme, Capacity Building of First-Time MSME Exporters Scheme and new features of the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme PMEGP.
- He added that the Centre has increased the budget by more than 650 percent in the last eight years to strengthen the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- A self-reliant fund of 50 thousand crore rupees has been released for the sector.
- The Prime Minister also asked MSMEs to register on the GeM portal for supplying goods to the government.
- Modi said the government has decided that for orders up to 200 crore rupees, no global tender will be undertaken and this is in some ways a reservation for the MSMEs.
- Under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme, the central government has ensured 3.5 lakh crore rupees for the MSMEs.