Tourism Working Group (TWG) Meeting In The State’s Rann Of Kutch:
As part of India’s G20 presidency, Gujarat will host the first Tourism Working Group (TWG) meeting in the state’s Rann of Kutch from 7 to 9 February 2023.
- Rural and Archaeological tourism will be the focus area of Tourism. Also, Dholavira, which is a UNESCO World heritage site, will be the second spot for foreign delegates.
- In the G20 Presidency of India, there are 5 interrelated priority areas for tourism. Accordingly, thrust will be on these five priority areas:
- Greening of the Tourism sector
- Harnessing the power of digitisation
- Empowering youth with skills
- Nurturing tourism MSMEs/ startups
- Rethinking the strategic management of destinations.
- Also, one of the priorities through the G20 platform is to reach a consensus on how the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) will be achieved by 2030.
- As a part of this, there will be emphasis on sustainable tourism which is important not only for the environment but also to create opportunities for local enterprise.
- The different places chosen for the G20 events will encompass different flavors like rural tourism (Ladpura Khas village, MP), archaeological tourism (Dholavira), and ecotourism(Khonoma Village,Nagaland) etc.
- Along with this, 3 mega tourism related events are being organized to take advantage of the G20 Presidency.
- These include Global Investors’ Summit in April 2023, MICE Convention and Meeting of World Tourism CEOs Forum.