A self-help group (SHG) recently launched a flower nursery as part of the UMEED scheme in Budgam.
- The UMEED scheme under the Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is a centrally sponsored scheme to encourage women to be self-dependent and self-sufficient.
- The main objective of the scheme is to help the rural poor across Jammu and Kashmir.
- It also encourages women to make small savings so that their Self-Help Groups (SHGs) eventually become bankable at a reduced rate of interest.
- It helps women entrepreneurs exhibit and market their products.
- It is implemented by the Jammu & Kashmir State Rural Livelihoods Society.