Unified Portal Of The Central Bureau Of Narcotics:
The Unified Portal of the Central Bureau of Narcotics was launched recently.
- Central Bureau of Narcotics is a central government organization dealing with the international trade of Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances, and Precursor Chemicals under the ambit of various United Nations Conventions and the provisions of the Narcotics Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 (NDPS Act, 1985).
- These substances bear dual potential as strong medicinal, scientific, and industrial use as well as a diversion for illicit use creating the substances for abuse.
- It is affiliated with India’s Department of Revenue (Ministry of Finance).
- It is regulated by the country’s Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
- Its Headquarters are in Gwalior.
- Objective is to stop opium production and trade and to issue licenses for the production of legal synthetic drugs.
It implements various United Nations Conventions and the provisions of the NDPS Act, 1985.