Vedic Heritage Portal : New Delhi
The Union Home Minister inaugurated the Vedic Heritage portal in New Delhi
- Vedic heritage portal is developed by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts
- The portal will be a one-stop solution for the user, who would like to search for any information regarding the Vedic heritage.
- The audio-visual recording of four Vedas has been uploaded on the Vedic Heritage portal. The portal has over 18 thousand mantras of the four Vedas with a duration of over 550 hours.
- The objective of the portal is to secure knowledge from ancient scriptures and manuscripts for future generations through technology.
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts was established in 1987 as an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Culture, as a centre for research, academic pursuit, and dissemination in the field of the arts.
- It has a trust (Board of Trustees), which meets regularly to give general direction about the Centre’s work. The Executive Committee, drawn from among the Trustees, functions under a Chairman.