National Initiative For Promotion Of Upskilling Of Nirman Workers (NIPUN) Scheme:
The National Initiative for Promoting Upskilling of Nirman workers (NIPUN) has recently completed its training program for construction workers engaged in the Central Vista project in New Delhi.
- NIPUN Scheme is an innovative project for the skill training of construction workers.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) under its flagship scheme of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- Objective: To train over 1 lakh construction workers through fresh skilling and upskilling programmes and provides them with work opportunities in foreign countries
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), the nodal agency under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India, will be the Implementation Partner for the project NIPUN.
- The project implementation is divided into three parts:
- training through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at construction sites;
- training through Fresh Skilling by Plumbing and Infrastructure Sector Skill Council (SSC);
- International Placement through industries/ builders/ contractors;
- The courses are aligned with National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) and will be imparted at accredited and affiliated training centres.
- It will provide trainees with ‘Kaushal Bima’, three-year accidental insurance with coverage of Rs 2 lakhs.