Vice Admiral Kiran Deshmukh : Chief Of Material Of The Indian Navy
Vice Admiral Kiran Deshmukh assumed duties as the Chief of Material of the Indian Navy
- He took over from Vice Admiral Sandeep Naithani, who retired following 39 years of praiseworthy service spearheading the Navy’s maintenance efforts.
- Vice Admiral Deshmukh graduated as an Engineer Officer from Mumbai’s VJTI university in 1986.
- He holds a Master’s in Engineering and is an alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College.
- The Admiral has served in various technical and staff roles involving ships, dockyards, headquarters and trial commands during his extensive naval journey.
- Vice Admiral Deshmukh oversaw critical milestones like the commissioning of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier and light combat aircraft’s maiden launch from it