10th Edition Of Sagar Parikrama:
India’s Fisheries Minister Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the 10th edition of Sagar Parikrama – a coastal yatra spreading awareness about government welfare schemes among fishermen.
- Sagar Parikrama signifies the government’s hands-on approach to further empower the fishing community.
- The coast-to-coast outreach drive promotes participatory last-mile delivery across the fisheries value chain.
- Officials hope that translating training and assets into enhanced, sustainable marine productivity will unlock the sector’s immense growth potential.
- The tenth phase of Sagar Parikrama began from Chennai Port.
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala and Union Minister of State Dr. L. Murugan jointly inaugurated the mission which will travel through Nellore, Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam.
- The Union Ministers will interact with the fishing communities living in the coastal areas.
- They will also deliberate on the schemes implemented by the Government for fishermen and also those in the related fields.
- They will also distribute welfare schemes meant for the fishing community.