Vizhinjam International Seaport : Docking Of The First Ship
The docking of the first ship at the Vizhinjam International Seaport has been deferred recently
- Vizhinjam International Seaport is located at Vizhinjam, a coastal town in Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala.
- It is designed primarily to cater to container transhipment besides multi-purpose and break bulk cargo.
- It is developed in a landlord model with a Public Private Partnership component on a design, build, finance, operate and transfer (“DBFOT”) basis.
- The private partner, the Concessionaire M/s Adani Vizhinjam Port Private Limited has, commenced the construction on 5th December 2015.
- The Port is merely a 10 NM diversion from the international east-west shipping route and is also close to the national/regional road and rail network.
- There would be about 30 berths, most of which would be capable of handling Mother Vessels.