WAG 12 B Locomotive: Indian Railways:
Indian Railways inducts 100th 12000 HP WAG 12 B Locomotive
- The loco is named WAG 12 B with the number 60100.
- The locomotive is manufactured by Madhepura Electric Locomotive Pvt. Ltd. (MELPL).
- These locomotives are state-of-the-art IGBT-based, 3 phase drive, and 12000 horsepower electric locomotive.
- These high horsepower locomotives will help to decongest the saturated tracks by improving the average speed and loading capacity of freight trains.
- These locomotive are proving to be a game-changer for further movement of coal trains for the Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- First, 12000 HP Made in India Locomotive, manufactured by Madhepura Electric Loco Factory situated in Bihar, was put into operation by Indian Railways from Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Jn Station on 18.05.2020.
Electric Locomotive Factory, Madhepura:
- The Electric Locomotive Factory, Madhepura is a joint venture of Alstom SA of France with Indian Railways for the production of 800 high-power locomotives over a period of 11 years designed to run on Indian tracks at 120 km per hour.
- Madhepura district is one of the districts of Bihar and Madhepura town is the administrative headquarters of this district.