Consultation meeting of Education Ministers of E9 countries on E9 initiative to be held tomorrow.
- The consultation is the first of a three-phased process to co-create an initiative on digital learning and skills, targeting marginalized children and youth, especially girls.
The E9 initiative:
- The initiative aims to accelerate recovery and advance the Sustainable Development Goal 4 agenda by driving rapid change in education systems in three of the 2020 Global Education Meeting priorities:
- (i) support to teachers;
- (ii) investment in skills; and
- (iii) narrowing of the digital divide.
- Participants: Spearheaded by the UN, the E9 countries include Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
- Benefits: Building on the established partnership of E9 countries allows these nine countries the opportunity to benefit from this global initiative and accelerate progress on digital learning and skills towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.