Wings India 2022 : Objectives
The Ministry of Civil Aviation, Airports Authority of India (AAI) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is jointly organising Wings India 2022 from 24th – 27th March 2022, Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad, India.
- It is Asia’s largest event on Civil Aviation (Commercial, General and Business Aviation).
Objective of Wings India 2022:
- It is in synergy with India’s commitment to transform the country into World’s top aviation hub.
- It seeks to provide a congenial forum catering to the rapidly changing dynamics of the sector, focusing on new business acquisition, investments, policy formation and regional connectivity.
- It will provide a much-desired fillip to the aviation and restructured focused forums shall be instrumental in attaining the objective of connecting the Buyers, Sellers, Investors, and other stakeholders at a common vantage forum ‘Wings India 2022’.
- India’s Civil Aviation is among the fastest-growing aviation markets globally and will be a major growth engine to make India a USD 5 trillion economy by 2024.
- 3rd largest aviation market by domestic air passenger traffic which stood at 274.05 million in FY20. It grew at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.91% during FY16-FY20.
- 75 airports opened in 75 years of Civil Aviation in India while under the aegis of Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN), within a span of 3 years, work has been initiated to provide scheduled connectivity to 76 unserved / 20 underserved airports, 31 heliports and 10 water aerodromes.
- 713 aircraft of scheduled Indian carriers operating year around; private scheduled airlines plan to add over 900 aircrafts in the next 5 years.
- Comprehensive regulatory policies and strategies adopted to reduce aviation carbon footprints.
- Incorporated systematic approaches to redress passenger grievances, and improve operational efficiencies across the system.