Working Mechanism For Consultation And Coordination meeting : India And China
India and China recently held the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination meeting.
- The 26th meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs (WMCC) was held in Beijing on Wednesday.
- This was the first in-person WMCC meeting since the 14th meeting held in July 2019.
- The WMCC was established in 2012 to provide a platform for consultations and coordination between India and China on border affairs.
- The 26th meeting was significant as it took place amid ongoing tensions between the two countries, particularly in the wake of the 2020 clashes in the Galwan Valley.
- The meeting held:
- To bring back normalcy in the bilateral relations between India and China
- To restore peace along the Line of Actual Control