World Diabetes Day 2023 : Theme
World Diabetes Day (WDD) is celebrated annually on 14 November, coinciding with the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting, the co-discoverer of insulin in 1922 alongside Charles Best.
- World Diabetes Day originated in 1991 as a response to the increasing health threat of diabetes, established by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the World Health Organization.
- In 2006, WDD attained official recognition as a United Nations Day through the adoption of United Nations Resolution 61/225.
- WDD campaign strives to be the primary platform for promoting IDF advocacy initiatives throughout the entire year.
- Logo: Blue circle logo adopted in 2007 recognized as the symbol for diabetes awareness.
- Theme: Access to Diabetes Care