World Health Day:
Every year 7th April marks the celebration of World Health Day.
- World Mental Health Day is observed on 10th October every year.
- Its idea was conceived at the First Health Assembly in 1948 and it came into effect in 1950.
- It is being celebrated today to mark the foundation of the World Health Organization (WHO) on 7th April 1948.
- Over the years, it has brought to light important health issues such as mental health, maternal and child care and climate change.
- Aim: To create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the WHO.
- Theme for 2022: Our Planet, Our Health