World Meteorological Day 2023:
World Meteorological Day takes place every year on 23 March
- It is in force from 23 March 1950 of the Convention establishing the World Meteorological Organization.
- It showcases the essential contribution of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services to the safety and wellbeing of society and is celebrated with activities around the world.
- The theme for World Meteorological Day 2023 is “The future of weather, climate, and water across generations.”
- The theme chosen for World Meteorological Day reflect topical weather, climate or water-related issues.
- The day highlights “the essential role that ‘National Meteorological and Hydrological Services’ (NMHS) plays in the safety and wellbeing of the society,” the day is also observed to make people aware of their role in protecting Earth’s atmosphere.